The Herman Stern lesson plans will be designed not only as a history lesson, but also as a teaching of social, economic and civic leadership.
Lessons would focus on:
- The economic and entrepreneurial success story of immigrants (Herman Stern) to North Dakota
- Herman Stern’s actions and work which led to the successful emigration of over 125 Jews from NAZI Germany
- Herman Stern’s Legacy – Stories from descendants of the 125 Jews from Nazi Germany Stern saved
Herman Stern’s Civic Contributions to North Dakota
- Founded the Greater North Dakota Association in 1924 (later known as the Greater North Dakota Chamber)
- Visionary for the North Dakota Winter Show 1937
- Key fundraiser for Winter Show Facility in 1961
- Instrumental in establishing Boy Scout of American Councils in Fargo, Valley City, Wahpeton and Grand Forks. Later formed the Northern Lights Council
- Started a fundraising Campaign for Boy Scout Council Camp Wilderness
- Established the Community Chest for donations to address the needs of the community not covered by taxes. This later became known as the Barnes County United Way.
Purchase Video and Lesson Plan